For one vote, Labour have sold themselves cheap, one might even go as far as to describe them as a “cheap date“.
Plaid have played the situation brilliantly. For one vote today they have secured quite a list of concessions. Here they are:
- Thirty hours of free childcare with a commitment to increase the number of Welsh medium places
- National Infrastructure Commission to deliver investment across the nation
- Establish fund to end postcode lottery and improve access to new drugs and treatments
- Welsh Development Bank
- Recruitment and training of GPs
- At least 100,000 new apprentices
- Securing a successful future for the steel industry
- Campaign vociferously for a ‘Remain’ vote
- New Public Health Bill without the controversial e-cigarettes element
- Additional Learning Needs Bill which will include a new Autism Act
- Strengthen Welsh Language Measure
- Legislate to remove the defence of reasonable chastisement (the smacking of children)
- Parliamentary Review into Health & Social Care
Has there ever been an opposition that has succeeded to get so much in so little time.